Best Hotels In Kolkata – Which One to Choose And Why?
Samilton Hotel, more popular as one of the most favorite celebrity hotels in Kolkata, is only a 11-minute walk from metro station. With a polished glass façade, you will enjoy a peaceful non-smoking atmosphere here. The Indian historical monuments, like Victoria Memorial is only 3.3 km away from this hotel whereas the Indian Museum is located within 4.3 km.
Let’s take a look at the important facilities offered by Samilton, being one of the 3 star boutique hotels in Kolkata.
- The peaceful and spacious rooms are very comfortable with the classifications of Standard Deluxe Twin, Standard Deluxe Queen and Superior Room.
- The rooms are decorated with the flat-screen TVs, free Wi-Fi, essential snacks as well as minibars.
- Anytime a day, you can enjoy room service by the well trained and multilingual staffs and kids up to the age of 11, are allowed to stay without paying extra cost.
- Freebies are another specialty of Samilton Hotel, planned for the customers. It consists up of breakfast, parking facility, shoe-shining service as well as a DVD library.
- Additional services incorporate a rooftop eatery, an Italian buffet, a coffee shop and a gelato store, a pub and a trade centre.
- Facility of Foreign exchange service for the business travelers and abroad guests
- Car hire service is offered for traveling throughout the city with reliable travel agents.
- Doorkeepers are available to take care of your belongings along with the round clock room security
- Services like Doctor-on-call, wake-up call and massage therapist-on-call will give you a home like atmosphere.
The hotel is located in the heart of the city and has entrée to all types of transportation (like railway stations, airport, private cars and buses), artistic and business centers. The location is easily accessible even if you have come to this city for the first time. Within mere half an hour, you can reach Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (25 km) while Howrah Station is nearer (13 km only).
Nearest Places of Interest
Forum Mall: Place For Shopaholics
Forum Mall is a shopping mall at Bhowanipore, Kolkata that provides the worldwide standards. It covers 200,000 square feet of area and the retail area is spread up to 125,000 square feet. The buying manners of the passionate Kolkata shoppers is instigated well with the presence of the brands like Shopper’s Stop, Cotton world, Color Plus, Levi’s, Swarovski, and many others. In fact, the Forum Courtyard offers you a delicious gourmet experience with several options of multi – cuisine dining and a standard food court.
Jai Hind Dhaba: Best For The Non-vegetarians
Jai Hind Dhaba has impressed its customers with the quality of food. Generally, food items in this dhaba are fresh, well-cooked and too delicious. Dishes like Tandoori Chicken, Masala Onion Salad, Murgh Bharta, Butter Roomali Roti, the Chicken Tikka Butter Masala and Chicken Reshmi Kebab Roll will simply steal your heart, even if you’re not a big foodie.
Chaskaa Café: Place For Foodies
The food quality, service and the ambiance – all these are completely as rocking as per the name. Being located in the Elgin zone, this is a large place to hang out with friends. You’ll enjoy the crowd of the young college people, who are chilling over hookah, elaichi tea and sandwiches here. Both the Elaichi tea and Hookha of this café are just commendable and claim to get one of the highest ranks among all other food joints. The prices are pocket friendly too depending upon the quality of food.
Picaddilly Square: European Vegetarian Cafe
Picaddilly Square is a small place with incredible European Veggie foods. If you go for the Crêpes and waffles at Picaddilly, they will leave you astound. No doubt, it is an awesome place to hangout with your friends as well as family. Piccadilly outlet is located at Sarat Bose Road, just opposite to Hindustan Club. The mind-blowing ambience of Picaddilly makes it one of the best outdoor seating areas along with French and English look. The food is too delicious being vegetarian cuisines and if you taste the eggless cakes, golden waffles or the banana crepes, you’ll give them the highest stars.
Aqua Java: Hang Out With Friends
Aqua Java holds the atmosphere for a group hang out. They offer an incredible atmosphere with excellent food items, hookah and beverages. This is simply a stunning place to splurge some valuable time with buddies.
The Dugout: Good Combo For Veg & Italian
Within only 0.1 km of Samilton Hotel, The Dugout has created some of the best ever food items like bhel, pizza, Italian sizzler, Crispy Chili Baby Corn, delicious mocktails and amazing hookah. You get enough space for having food, play games and chill out with your friends.